As salaam Alaikum, Respected Mufti saheb, my sister got married last year & after nine months of marriage her husband gave her Talaaq in writing. At that time she was pregnant but this was not known to her husband. Is the talaaq valid & is there any chances of reconciliation?

Answer

(Fatwa: 465/421=L)

Talaq can take place in the state of pregnancy; therefore if the abovementioned event is true then your sister was divorced. In case he wrote three divorces then there is no possibility of recovering except halala shariah. If he wrote one or two talaq (and he did not give any oral talaq before) then he can revoke it till the end of her iddah.