Asslamolaikum My question is some people goes to there peer grave and ask for there thing(dua) they want(child, bussness etc), that is shirk can u please give any refrence from quran and hadit so that there eyes can be opened. zakallah

asslamolaikum My question is some people goes to there peer grave and ask for there thing(dua) they want(child, bussness etc), that is shirk can u please give any refrence from quran and hadit so that there eyes can be opened. zakallah

Answer

(Fatwa: 198/194=J)

Undoubtedly going to graves in order to seek help from dead is shirk (associating partner with Allah): قال الشامی: انہ ظن أن المیت یتصرف فی الأمور اعتقادہ ذلک کفر [الشامی: 3/427]

But, if the help is sought from Allah it may be allowed but having such a belief about mazar (that they are places where prayer is accepted, or traveling to it) is baseless. This kind of belief is not proved by the Quran and Hadith; therefore it should be avoided, especially in this age when the mazaraat have become hubs of sins and innovations and where men and women meet together and do many acts of shirk.