After going through all the research on stunning of animals I have stopped eating animals that are stunned prior to slaughter, have approached the Muslim body but they are saying that Muftis have okayed stunning, when I talk to family members, I am seen as creating Fitna and not following the ahle sunnatul jamaat, who claim stunning is fine. What do I do? Is it okay to follow Alims blindly when you know and have evidence that they are wrong?

Answer

(Fatwa: 128/123=B)

In the abovementioned case, if the animal is alive after the shock and discharges pouring blood after being slaughtered, then the meat of the animal can be consumed but it is better to avoid. But, stunning animals for slaughter is a kind of extra torture which is not good.

Ad by Muslim Ad Network