Assalamo-Alaekum, 1. I want to know the meanings of the name UBAI, referring to a famous companion (SAHABI) of MUHAMMED (SAW)………Ubai Bin Ka’ab (RA). He participated in the battle of Badr. A very good QARI of QURAN and the one who first time headed the JAMAT of taraveh with the order of KHALIFA Umer (RA). 2. Is it permissble to name a new born muslim with UBAI. Considering the FAZAIL of sahabi…as we all do by naming ABUBAKER, UMER. USMAN, ALI to our sons. 3. In english what should be the correct spelling of UBAI.

Answer

(Fatwa: 1652/1322=H/1430)

We could not find the meaning, the other matter you wrote are alright.

(2) This is a blessed name, you can keep the name. Likewise, Abu Bakr, Umar, Usman and Ali are blessed names and one can name children with the same.

(3) Ubai