Janb mufti sahib, assalamualikoom warahmatullah. i have to ask you 2 questions. (1)my daughter`s name is “RIBQAH” and in arabic “ربقه” tell me please that, is at a true name? is there any problem? (2)is there any difference between the name “محمود حسن” and the name of “محمود الحسن” please answer me soon. jazakallah. mahmood hasan. from karachi pakistan

janb mufti sahib, assalamualikoom warahmatullah. i have to ask you 2 questions. (1)my daughter`s name is “RIBQAH” and in arabic “ربقه” tell me please that, is at a true name? is there any problem? (2)is there any difference between the name “محمود حسن” and the name of “محمود الحسن” please answer me soon. jazakallah. mahmood hasan. from karachi pakistan

Answer

(Fatwa: 818/634=L/1430)

Ribqah means noose. This is not a good name, instead you should keep names like Maryam, Ayishah, Hafsah, Juwairiyah, Zainab, Fatimah, Saudah etc.

(2) No, there is no difference.