Assalamualaikum, This is regarding the zakat on Provident Fund(PF). I would like to know if zakat is valid on Provident Fund(PF). I am still working with the company and I haven’t got it till now. I will get the Provident Fund(PF) once I leave the comapny. But there is a way by which I can check how much Provident Fund(PF) is contributed till date. Would like to know if I have to pay the zakat on PF , though the amount is not with me. Please reply ASAP. Assalamualaikum

Answer

(Fatwa: 1740/D=247K=1430)

There is no Zakah on provident fund now. You will have to pay the Zakah when you will possess it. But, if any part of the fund was deducted with your choice, you will have to pay its Zakah every year.