Assalamu alaikkum, Moulana, My brother in law is working as a commission agent for a garment company. The company will give the sample of the garment to my brother in law he will take the samples to the retailers and he will get order. But his travelling expenses made by himself some times company will give the amount and deduct in his commission. Whether according to shariah commission agent is permissible in islam. PLease reply

Answer

(Fatwa: 1697/1230/L=1431)

It is the form of brokerage and its fee is lawful provided it is fixed already. Hence, if the commission is fixed and your brother-in-law serves as arbitrator between the buyer and seller, he can do the job of brokerage and can take its fee.