Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » My sister’s son is studying in a university in Bangladesh. His parents cannot bear the expenses of his education. So my nephew very often asks for money to me. Because I do not like such education, I do not want to help him. Now can I give him Zakah money as a poor relative, rather than as a student?

My sister’s son is studying in a university in Bangladesh. His parents cannot bear the expenses of his education. So my nephew very often asks for money to me. Because I do not like such education, I do not want to help him. Now can I give him Zakah money as a poor relative, rather than as a student?

Answer

(Fatwa: 313/313/M=1433)

If the son of your sister (bhanja) is poor and is entitled to receive zakah then you can give zakah to him.

Ad by Muslim Ad Network