Asslamo- alikum wa rahmatullahe barkatahu Dear sir, I have a problem so i want solution by islamic rule from you. My brother who drunk the milk of her grandmother(nani) when he was of 6 month age. Now We want arrange his nIkah with cousin( MOther’s sister Daughter). We want ask to you. can he do nikah with cousin or not? Your highly appriciated suggestion will needful for we.

Answer

(Fatwa: 658/658=M/1430)

You cannot marry your brother with the cousin sister (the daughter of maternal aunt); since in the abovementioned case, by drinking the milk of maternal grandmother, your brother and cousin sister became foster maternal uncle and niece. As it is unlawful to marry real niece, it is unlawful to marry foster niece.