ASAK .alhumdulillah almost all the women in my family and distant relatives are religious,observe the purdah and offer daily namaaz.but whenever something important is about to happen thay take a vow that if so and so happens then i will keep a gathering of Surah Yaseen Shareef. In this gathering my aunts and other(married) female relatives are invited to recite Surah Yaseen.The gahtering is not disclosed to any male or anyone outside the family for the fear of loosing the sawaab and barakaat.after the recitation is over the women blow on either cashew r kismis(dry graoes)and distribute it among family members as tabarruk…. what do you feel about the custom. is it correct or a biddat?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1093/681/H=1432)

Your family members should recite it, but you should stop distributing the cashew and currants on which you blow after recitation. Do not invite other persons or women except your family members. Keep this practice in place of wazifah and do not consider it a Shariah ruling. If you do it sometime and leave sometime, then it will not fall in the category of innovation. It is allowable to do it now and then.