As Salam A Lai Kum, Honorable & Respected Ulema E community, I am an Indian from Bangalore, Now working in Saudi Arabia. I would like to know if it is permissible and can I perform umraah during the time of Haj, I mean I will have holidays from the 09-12-1431H to 13-12-1431H (15-11-2010 to 19-11-2010). Please note that I will not be performing Haj. I only intend to do Umraahs in the names of my grand parents (Dada & Dadi) on 09-12-1431H & 10-12-1431H (i.e., On the day of Arafah and on the day of Eid). Your reply is highly desired and appreciated.Thanking you, As Salam A Lai Kum.

Answer

(Fatwa: 1659/1243/D=1431)

It is makrooh tahrimi to perform umrah from 9th Zul Hijjah to 13th of Zul Hijjah. Therefore, you should give up the intention of performing umrah on Arafat and Eid days. You should perform it before or after it.
قال فى الدرالمختار و كرهت تحريماً يوم عرفة و اربعة بعدها . (شامى، جلد:2/ص:165)