My hair is too long it is below my back and quite weak from the bottom is it allowed for me to cut it or if i do will my namaz not be done for 40 days as this is what i have been told also what age can you cut childrens hair up2?

Answer

(Fatwa: 750/698=L-1429)

It is impermissible for women to get their hair cut; it has been cursed in the Hadith. However, if the hair are so long hanging below hips and looking inelegant, then it is allowable to get them cut (only as much as necessary). The hair is a cause of beauty for child girls as well; therefore they should not be cut. Yes, when a girl is so little her hair can be cut when needed.