Assalamualaikum, I was on a visit to South Korea for a month. The place where Juma was offered was very far and it needed around 45 min of travel time (for one way travel). As I was new there I only performed Zohr Salaah at office since I didn’t didnt know any muslim locals near my office or residence and did not have much time for travelling to the masjid. So if I prayed only Zohr Salah on fridays for five weekends did I commit any sin? Jazakallah Khairan

Answer

(Fatwa: 367/367/M=1432)

You will not be sinful if you offered Zuhar salah (instead of Jumuah) at the place due to unavailability of conditions that make Jumuah obligatory. It is also among the conditions of Jumuah that the place is a city, town or big village. In addition, jama’ah etc is also a condition. Yes, it is severe sin to miss Jumuah salah, when it is wajib, without a valid reason.