I am working as a lecturer in a private college.Based upon the daily signature we get our salary.We have to sign daily at morning & evening.But now a days as there is no job for lecturers(students are writing exams so classes are not being taken)the receptionist is not at all caring for signature book observation.Some people are not coming to college but signing after immediate day.Can i do the same?

Answer

(Fatwa: 63/49/L=1432)

One should fulfil the assignment entrusted to him as per his capacity. By making negligence in it, the income turns doubtful. Hence it is not lawful to mark attendance when one is absent. One should not do so in any case, rather you should fulfil your duty.