Please could you inform me regarding the Arabic meaning of my name?

Please could you inform me regarding the Arabic meaning of my name? My name is Shameer. I have researched online and found the meanings as such: SHEEN ALIF MEEN YA RA means haseen jawaan (handsome youth). SHEEN MEEM YA RA means mehnati, tajurba kaar (hardworking person). Is the meaning for both correct? If so, can I adopt the first version of my name, which means haseen jawaan? If the meanings are not found, can you propose a better name I could have?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1014/839/B=1433)

We could not find the word Shaameer (شامير) or Shameer (شمير) in Arabic dictionary. However, we did find the word Shammeer (شمِّير) which means hardworking and active. You are advised to keep your name Sameer (سمير) with small seen which means a person who talks, it shall be easy to pronounce and far better. It is hard to pronounce the word Shammeer (شمِّير).