As Salam-o Alaikum My aunt has an eight-year-old daughter who is suffering from severe Asthma. As long she keeps taking drugs(medicine) she remains healthy, but those drugs have severe side effects. My aunt is breastfeeding her one year old daughter currently. One of the doctors (Muslim) recommended to feed the elder daughter with mother?s breast milk, expressed in a cup. Now my aunt is doing this twice a week and her daughter is healthy and recovered. She (my aunt) wants to know is it Jaaiz? As we know Shariaah provides some relaxation under special circumstances. Regards

As Salam-o Alaikum My aunt has an eight-year-old daughter who is suffering from severe Asthma. As long she keeps taking drugs(medicine) she remains healthy, but those drugs have severe side effects. My aunt is breastfeeding her one year old daughter currently. One of the doctors (Muslim) recommended to feed the elder daughter with mother’s breast milk, expressed in a cup. Now my aunt is doing this twice a week and her daughter is healthy and recovered. She (my aunt) wants to know is it Jaaiz? As we know Shariaah provides some relaxation under special circumstances. Regards

Answer

(Fatwa: 2440/1911=H/1429)

It is not lawful to give milk of mother to drink to an eight-year old girl, until it is prescribed by any religious Muslim physician that no other alternative medicine except mother milk can cure the disease.