Respected Mufti Sahab.Assalamoalaikum I know Islam is against Cremation – as a doctor in the U.K. when patients die the relatives usually ask for the dead patient to be cremated. The doctor must then see the dead body and fill out and sign a cremation form in order for this to happen. As i am still junior doctor, it is usually asked for me to fill this form out for the dead person to be cremated…..is this allowed? And also we are payed fixed money for filling this form. So far i have been using this money. Am i allowed to use this money, or should i give out this money?

Answer

(Fatwa: 36/31/B=1431)

Cremating the corpse is unlawful and haram in Islam. As a living man is tormented by fire, the dead also feels the same suffering and so was mentioned in hadith. Therefore, filling the form, signing on the same, receiving payment is unlawful as well it is unlawful to use the money.