Asalamu alaykum, My husband has given me talak, my question is whilst I am in iddat, is it my husbands responsibility to provide maintenance for me? and if he does not can i work in order to survive? JazakhAllah

Answer

(Fatwa: 1512/1312=B/1429)

It is obligatory for the husband to provide maintenance to you until your iddah period is over. If he does not provide you and seemingly there is no other source to survive, then you can go out in daytime and  work to earn your livelihood in order to survive, but you should not go anywhere at night.