Asak. i have one daughter and no son. i have one brother with no child and 2 sisters married. i want to know after my demise how will my property would be shared? if my daughter inherits half of my property then what will happen to my other half property. if i want to give her all my wealth, can i gift her all my property in my lifetime. plz elaborate. Allah hafiz

asak. i have one daughter and no son. i have one brother with no child and 2 sisters married. i want to know after my demise how will my property would be shared? if my daughter inherits half of my property then what will happen to my other half property. if i want to give her all my wealth, can i gift her all my property in my lifetime. plz elaborate. allah hafiz

Answer

(Fatwa: 304/264/H=1431)

If you die leaving the heirs mentioned in the question, your all property and wealth will be distributed in 8 shares, out of which 4 shares will go to daughter, 2 shares to brother and 1-1 share to each sister.

Gifting the entire property in lifetime without any valid (Shar’ee) reason is a severe sin.