I am a beautician. I lived in UK. My all clients are women. I do IPL (intense pulse light) like laser light goes in to your root of hair and burn your root of hair permanently. (a) What is awrah (satr) of women in front of Muslim women? (b) What part of body I am not allowed to do. Women normally want removed their hair from face, full arms, chest, underarms, lower legs. Is it lawful? Can you explain me, please?

Answer

(Fatwa: 287/287/M=1433)

The satr of a woman in front of a Muslim woman is from navel to knees.
وتنظر المرأة المسلمة من المرأة كالرجل من الرجل وقيل كالرجل لمحرمه والأول أصح (درمختار).
It is not allowed in anyway to see the parts of satr without a Shariah reason and work on them. Though it is allowed for women to remove the unnatural hair of face etc but there are too many evils in opening beauty parlor for this particular job. It is very difficult to work maintaining the Shariah limits. Such craze of adornment which destroys the Shariah limit is disliked by Shariah.