Utilization of interest money to pay fees/Taxes imposed by Saudi Government on expatriates

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
Currently I am working in Saudi Arabia and my native place is Bhopal, India. Saudi Government imposed fees (Just like tax) only on Expatriates family member and not on Saudi citizen. Although the companies in which Expatriates are working paying different type of taxes/fees for their employees but now Government have started to imposed tax/ fees on the family member also for which we are not getting any direct benefits (like in hospital or any government organization). So, my question is can I utilized my interest income earned on my saving account to pay fees/taxes imposed by Saudi Government on expatriates. I hereby confirm that I will not circulate the Fatwa issued by Darul Uloom to General public.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1295/1102/B=12/1439)


If a government imposes any tax on people by force then one can pay such tax by the interest money received from the governmental bank of that country provided the money reaches in the treasury of the government. The haram income will reach where it was received from.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!