1

Drinking water empty stomach

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail
Can we drink water empty stomach in the morning after wake up. I watched a video about to drink water empty stomach Hazrat Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam has refused to drink water empty stomach with reference of Tabrani Shareef. Mufti sahib, I used to drink water a lot of because I had pain in joints so doctor consulted me uric acid is increasing in your blood so you need to drink water a lot and if I don’t drink water so constipation is produced in my stomach so my stomach doesn’t empty easily. Mufti sahib, I am so confused please help me. What should I do? I will be very thankful of you.

(Fatwa: 712/701/N=8/1439)

There are both types of narrations on drinking water empty stomach in the morning, i.e. in some narrations the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) forbade drinking water empty stomach as it weakens the man, while in some narrations we do find the mention of drinking water empty stomach. One narration says that it lessens the fat of body but both types of narrations are weak as per the Muhaddithin. Further, it is medical instruction not a Shariah ruling. Also its ruling will be different for many in view of the nature and region. Hence you should talk to your doctor and tell your whole situation and seek his advice. If he allows you to drink water empty stomach early morning keeping in mind your situation then you may do so. According to Shariah, there is no harm in it.

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail