1

I am in West Indies in jamat. It is a small Island and this Island is whole country approximate area of 110 km. We got the visa for 3 months but we will be moving in the country according to mashwira of local brothers. So are we musafir or muqim?

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

(Fatwa: 556/429/SD=5/1439)

In the above mentioned case, if your stay is fixed in a particular city or village for fifteen days or more then you will become muqim, but if your stay is not fixed in a city or village for fifteen days for example, you intend to stay some days in some city or some days in some village or in two different cities or in various villages then in such a case you will be musafir. In order to become muqim it is mandatory that you intend to stay in one area whether it is a city or village for fifteen days.

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail