1

Can I offer my prayer at home with my wife and kids as imam?

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail
I live in a non-Muslim country. So it is not possible for me to offer my all prayers in mosque with jamat. Can I offer my prayer at home with my wife and kids as imam. Are my wife and immature kids are allowed to offer the prayer behind me as jamat?

(Fatwa: 631/473/SN=5/1439)

One should try to offer five times salah in the mosque with jamat. However, if someone has some problem then he can do jamat at his home along with his wife and children in a way that he becomes imam and the wife and children become muqtadi. However, it should be taken into consideration that the row is made in a way that you stand first then children and then wife.

قال فى القنية : واختلف العلماء فى إقامتها فى البيت والأصح أنها كإقامتها فى المسجد إلا فى الأفضلية (در مختار مع الشامى 2/290، ط: زكريا) ويصف … الرجال ظاهره يعم العبد ثم الصبيان ظاهره تعددهم فلو واحداً دخل الصف ثم …النساء الخ (در مختار الشامى 2/314، ط: زكريا)

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail