My father expired 3 years back and my mother expired a year ago. They left a rented house which is worth Rs 65 lakh. We are 3 brothers and 4 sisters. How this property which can easily be sold for 65 lakh, be distributed to the heirs? Please reply.

(Fatwa: 216/112/SN=2/1438)

If your grandfather and grandmother died before the death of your father, likewise your maternal grandfather and grandmother died before the death of your mother, then in the question mentioned above whatsoever your father and mother left including the said house, cash, property, jewelries and other assets, shall be divided into 10 shares after paying due rights preceding inheritance. Out of the total, 2-2 shares shall go to each brother while each sister shall get 1-1 share. The Shariah division of the property is as follows:

Details:

Son:                  3×02 = 06

Daughters:        4×01 = 04

Total:               10 Shares