Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Purchases from Amazon by HDFC Credit or Debit Card and Received Cash Back after few months

Purchases from Amazon by HDFC Credit or Debit Card and Received Cash Back after few months

I want to purchase mobile phone from www.mazon.in for an amount of Rs. 7897. I paid Rs. 7897 immediately to Amazon through my HDFC bank credit card. The scheme is transactions above Rs. 6000 using HDFC credit or debit card, received Rs. 15% cash back from HDFC bank as on 5th Jan if I am using mobile Apps and Rs. 10% cash back from HDFC bank as on 5th Jan if I am using Amazon website. Is it allowable as per Shariah? Please reply soon.

(Fatwa: 80/94/M=2/1438)

You may avail the said scheme and may take 15% or 10% cash back. It is lawful as per the Shariah provided you do not involve in any interest based dealing.