(1) My question is can I give them zakah money for their daughter’s marriage since they are very poor and the house they have is not selling despite many tries.
(2) Previously I have given them zakah but since they have this house which they are trying to sell but cannot so do I have to again give the zakah of the previous year to someone or it is ok but from now I must not give zakah to them.
(3) I have one step mother and 4 step brothers two 19 and 18 age one is 15 age and one is 12 age all studying in schools. My father is dead and he has left nothing nor any shop nor any land or nor any money nothing of this sort. I got job since last 3 years and I am the only one looking after them for the last 3 years for their clothes, schools and monthly expenses. Can I spend the zakah money on them, is it halal?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) If your uncle is entitled to receive zakah and you give your zakah into his complete possession then your zakah shall be paid. After taking it into his custody he may spend it for his daughter’s marriage, there is no harm.
(2) There is no need to pay zakah again, if your uncle is entitled to receive zakah.
(3) Give zakah amount into complete possession of your step-brothers and they can use it in their needs, your zakah shall be paid.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband
This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.