1

After Salah(Namaz) greetings and handshake(Salam aur musafa).

I would like to know to improve my religious knowledge and practice. In our masjid when we finish Salah (Namaz) Fajr some namazi greet together and do handshake and ask about their health, but yesterday one of member of masjid management committee said don’t greet and handshake (Salam Aur Musafah) inside the masjid it’s bida’h. Please guide me in the light of Hadith and Sunnah.

(Fatwa: 294/241/SN=03/1437)

According the Shariah, musafaha is practiced at the time of meeting. Doing musafaha after salahs is not proved from the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace and blessing of God be upon him, as well as from the sahabah and imams, so it is wajib to avoid it. The member of the Managing Committee of the mosque is right, and it was also explicated by the scholars of fiqh that musafaha after salah is bida’h and makrooh.
و موضع المصافحة فى الشرع انما هو عند لقاء المسلم لأخيه لا فى ادبار الصلوات فحيث وضعها الشرع يضعها فتنهى عن ذلك ويزجر لما أتى به من خلافه السنة الخ (رد المحتار على الدر المعتار 9/548، كتاب حظر والأباحة ، ط: زكريا وفتاوى محموديه 3/140 ، ط: ڈابھیل احسن الفتاوی 1/354)