RIGHTS OF CHILDREN & WIFE ON ONES PROPERTY

We were two brothers and one sister staying along with parents in our family. Both the brothers & sister are married. My father expired on 02.02.2001, at the time of his death we had our own house in Pune and a cash of Rs 12 lakhs. The cost of the house at that time was Rs 15 lakhs approximately. The total asset at the time of my father’s death was Rs 27 lakhs. We two brothers along with our family and mother are staying in own house. Request you to confirm our share [02 brothers, 01 sister & mother] at this particular time as per the Shariah.

(Fatwa: 216/211/L=03/1437)

In the above mentioned case all the property of your deceased father shall be divided into 40 shares, after paying due right proceeding inheritance. Out of the total your mother shall get 5 shares, 14-14 shares shall go to each brother while the sister shall get 7 shares. The detail of Shariah division is as follows:

Details:

Wife: 1×05 = 05
Sons: 2×14 = 28
Daughter: 1×07 = 07

Total: 40 Shares

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!