I am married woman and I have two babies. Hajj is fardh on me 13.08.2004. During this time I could not perform my fardh hajj for my small baby. After that my elder brother “Haji Ali Omar” performed my Hajj-e-Badal in 2011. Now my question is: (1) Is my Hajj-e-Badal valid or invalid? (2) If it is invalid then what to do?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.org

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 877/877/=01/1437)

It is allowable for a woman to delay her Hajj due to little child, but if she is healthy and can offer hajj then it is not right to do Hajj-e-Badal on her behalf. Hence in the question mentioned above when you are alive and healthy and Hajj has become fardh on you and now you are able to offer it yourself and also the excuse of child care does not exist then the hajj which was fardh on you was not fulfilled by the Hajj-e-Badal which your brother performed on your behalf, and it is necessary for you to offer your fardh Hajj yourself.
والولد الصغير المحتاج إليه عذر في التخلف مريضاً كان أو لم يكن. (غنية الناسل، ص: 10، مقدمة في تعريف الحج وما يتعلق به ، ط: مكتبه یادگار شیخ) انوار مناسك ، ص: 542، بعنوان: عذر زائل ہونے کی امید ہے پھر بھی حج بدل کرالیا۔

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband