Charity for deceased parents by daughter

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
1. My mother wants to do charity and qurbani in the name of her deceased parents by using the money given by my father or me (son). Is it allowed?
2. My mother has problem of coughing frequently, while praying if she gets cough drop of urine is dripped. This happens frequently. Showed to many doctors, they said can’t do much about it, it allergic cough, no permanent cure. Can she continue her prayers or she need to clean and then pray? Again this happens very frequently.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1036/1032/B=11/1436)

(1) Yes, your parents may offer nafl qurbani in their parents’ name by this money as well as give it in charity.
(2) If she coughs so much that she cannot offer salah of one time by making wudhu in the state of taharah then she is mazur. She should make wudhu for the time of each salah and offer salah in the same condition. Her salah shall be valid though the drops of urine keep on coming. If it is not so then she will have to offer salah again in case of urine drops. You should get her treated by any expert Unani physician, her coughing problem shall go away.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:

More Answers…

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!