(1) I am a Hanafi but prefer to keep my hands above the navel while in Salah, read surahs behind the Imam in Zuhr and Asar. I know in Hanafi school we are not allowed to but what happens if I continue to do so?
(2) Is it correct to take wasilah? Can we take wasilah of the Prophet (SAWS) Auliyah etc?
(3) Can we do taqlid of all the four great imams at the same time . What are the ill effects of doing so?
(4) Does Khatm-e-Quran done for a deceased person benefit him? Normally, when a person dies people read Quran saying that the sawab is for the dead person. Is it valid?
(5) Can we consume fish that are fed pork? I heard that fish raised in farms have been fed pork to accelerate growth.
(6) What does Shariah say on rules of the country? Like jumping a signal or going through wrong side, triple riding etc are dangerous to life but will there be a sin on not following them?
(7) Is it a sin if we don’t pay income tax if we earn above the limit set by the Government?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) According to Hanafi Fiqh, it is against sunnah to place hands above navel. Why do you put your hands above your navel intentionally when you are a Hanafi and know the correct ruling? It is very dangerous for you to do so intentionally. Doing so is following one’s own desire instead of religion. The scholars of Fiqh have strongly condemned it. It is must for one to follow the same imam in all the rulings.
(2) Yes, it is lawful to supplicate Allah through the waseelah (mediation) of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, as well as with the waseelah of friends of Allah (awliya).
(3) It is must to follow any particular Imam among the four Imams. There are lots of dangers in following all the four Imams collectively. Allama Nawawi, may Allah have mercy upon him, writes: If we are permitted to follow all the four Imams as a whole then it shall conclude that a man shall follow his own desire and follow the rukhsat (concessions) of the four madhhabs and will accept the side of choice between choosing halal and haram and wajib and lawful and as a result people shall come out of the Shariah restrictions.
ووجه أنه لو جاز اتباع أي مذهب شاء لأفضى إلى أن يلتقط رخص المذاهب متبعاً هواه ويتخير بين التحليل والتحريم والوجوب والجواز وذلك يؤدى إلى إضلال رقبة التكليف (شرح المهذب 1/55 بحواله مقدمه اعلاء السنن: 2/223).
(4) It is lawful to recite the Holy Quran and send its rewards to the deceased ones.
(5) Hearsay has no importance in Shariah. If it is known definitely that any fish has been fed pork and the meat of the fish carries the effect of pork then it is makrooh to eat such fish. In case there is no effect of pork in the fish then it is lawful to eat the fish though it has been fed pork.
قال الحصكفي: ولو أكلت النجاسة وغيرها بحيث لم ينتن لحمها ، حلت كما حل أكل جدي غذي بلبن خنزير؛ لأن لحمه لا يتغير، وما غذي به يصير مستهلكاً لا يبقى له اثر. (الدر المختار مع رد المحتار: 9/414، كتاب الحظر والإباحة، دار احياء التراث العربي، بيروت).
(6) It is mandatory to abide by those rules. It is not wise to put one’s life and dignity in danger by violating those rules.
(7) Income tax is an illegal tax and it is not lawful to pay it as per the Shariah, though it is necessary for the safety of one’s life and dignity.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband