(1) We have purchased the vacant land for asset purpose. No earnings from the land. Does we have to pay zakah for that?
(2) Some of the vacant sites have been purchased by my father and mother and later transferred for me as inheritance. Do I have to pay zakah for it?
(3) Some of the vacant sites purchased by my parents from their earnings, but they have registered in my name. Do I have to pay zakah for it?
(4) Some of the vacant sites purchased by me by selling the property got as inheritance but not from my earnings. Do I have to pay zakah for it?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) No! There is no zakah on that vacant land when it is not bought with the intention of business.
(2) As it is inherited property hence in case it is transferred in your name zakah shall not be liable on the land.
(3) In case it is registered in your name zakah shall not be wajib on you.
(4) Zakah is also not wajib on this land.
Zakah is wajib on land which is bought with the intention of business.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband
This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.