(2) If I have to carry my personal hardcopy Quran with me when travelling from one place to another; since in this case one cannot hold wudhu for long time. How one should manage it?
(3) If I have to take my Quran from one country to another; since very long travel is there not possible to hold wudhu all the time. In this case, can I keep Quran in clear bag if I cannot find cloth cover to work as cover and can travel with it without wudhu? Please provide guidance in this case.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) It is not lawful to touch or hold the holy Quran without cover etc.
لا يجوز لمحدث مس مصحف إلا بغلافه المنفصل لاالمتصل. (مجمع الأنهر 1/42 كتاب الطهارة، ط: دارالكتب العلمية بيروت)
It is not a condition to be in the state of wudhu while buying a copy of the holy Quran. However, it is necessary to observe wudhu in order to touch it. If one has to buy the holy Quran from the market then he first should make wudhu and then touch it. If there is no arrangement of wudhu then it should be carried home after wrapping in clean cloth or in a bag.
ويحرم به أى بالأكبر وبالأصغر مس مصحف …. إلا بغلاف متجاف غير مشرزِ …. فالمراد بالغلاف ما كان منفصلاً كالخريطة وهى الكيس ونحوها . (در مختار مع الشامي 1/ 173-174)
(2) A separate cover should be made for the holy Quran and put it inside and then one can touch the cover.
(3) You may keep it in neat and clean bag and then carry the bag during the journey without wudhu and it is not necessary to remain with wudhu during the whole journey. However, wudhu is a condition to touch the holy Quran. In case there is no arrangement of wudhu then you may hold it with a clean cloth.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband
This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.