(1) I have a daughter and I have named her Sameeha (seen-meem-ye-and halwai wali hai). Is it a correct Muslim girl name?
(2) How to convey isal-e-sawab to the deceased? Is it okay to count on imli ka chiyan (khajoor ki githli) and keep counting on such material, what is the best and convenient way of isal-e-sawab to the departed souls?
(3) I chew paan added with tobaccos/gutkah, do they come in the haram lists?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) Sameeha means generous, open-handed. You may keep the name.
(2) You may do isal-e-sawab and send its reward to the deceased person by doing good deeds, tilawat, salah, sadaqah etc. The relatives and near ones of the deceased should do isal-e-sawab individually, it is not right to gather people.
(3) You may read it by counting on the kernels of date etc. The best method of isal-e-sawab is what was mentioned above.
(4) Using a tobacco which is intoxicative or is injurious to health in paan or in huqqa, bidi, cigarette etc is unlawful. But the tobacco which is not intoxicative or does not carry bad smell and is not injurious to health is lawful without being makrooh. However, if it carries bad smell (is not injurious to health and is not intoxicative) then it is makrooh tanzihi, if it is used the mouth should be cleaned before entering the mosque.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband
This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.