(1) I have invested money in a vehicle, partnered with my friend for transport, but I have no income from this vehicle as we are in loss so do I have to pay zakah on this amount?
(2) I have a flat in partnership with my friend, Rs 2.5 lakh invested, I earn Rs 2000 rent so do I have to pay zakah on Rs 2.5 lakh or the rent received?
(3) Some money was invested by me in a business, now the partners have cheated me and stopped business and returning my principle amount in part, still I have to receive 50% of my investment. So on what amount do I have to pay zakah the amount received or the total amount which I have invested or the profit only (which I am yet to receive)?
I pay zakah on the gold I have, again on what earnings does zakah apply along with salary etc.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) If the vehicle was not bought with the intention of selling then zakah is not wajib on its value.
(2) If the flat is not bought or built to sell rather it was bought or built for getting rent then zakah shall not be wajib on the value of the flat rather zakah shall be wajib on the amount of rent provided the conditions of zakah are found. In case the flat has been bought or built to sell then zakah shall be wajib as per your share in the flat.
(3) In the above mentioned case, zakah shall be wajib in the complete amount (capital investment and profit both).
(4) Zakah is wajib on gold, silver and business goods. The amount of salary and whatever is available with you it shall be included with salary and zakah shall be wajib on it if the conditions of zakah are available on total amount.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband