Family issues

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
Husband is a Govt. employee and is posted away from home. Normally, he comes to his home on leave for 25-30 days every 4-5 months. His wife strongly desires to be with the husband at his place but husband’s family specially the parents don’t want her let go and stay with their son (the husband). In this case which happens very frequently with everybody, what should the husband do? Islam provides provisions to keep wives pleased as well as obey the parents and keep them pleased. If both are concurrent then there is no problem.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 254/207/B=02/1435)

Marriage is meant for husband and wife living together so that they can fulfil their sexual desires. This is also required by Shariah. The wife’s desire is alright as per the Shariah. The parents should allow it happily. The husband should take his wife to the place where he works and should take his parents as well if he can. Thus he can achieve both the objectives; the parents as well as the wife will live happily.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest