(2) If yes, then how to calculate my zakah?
(3) Will zakah be applicable on cash only or on both (gold and cash)?
(4) Is it mandatory to pass one year on the assets on those we pay our zakah?
(5) Recently I have seen a small book on zakah which says, “If you pay your zakah on 10th Ramadan and you receive an amount on 9th Ramadan then you will have to pay the zakah on the amount which is received by you on 09th Ramadan too. Is it right or wrong? Kindly send an early reply in the light of Quran and Hadith.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) Yes, you are owner of nisab. The price of 57 gram gold and 30000 cash is equal to 612 gram silver nisab when combined; hence zakah is fardh on you.
(2) You should know the price of 57 gram gold from the market and add 30000 cash and then pay 2.5% zakah of total amount.
(3) Zakah shall be liable on both.
(4) It is not necessary passing one year on each wealth separately rather when you turned owner of nisab it is enough that one year has passed. If during the year you owned other money or silver or gold then its zakah shall be paid at the time of paying zakah of first wealth.
(5) Yes, it is right that if you owned any amount days before the completion of one year, then you will have to pay its zakah on the same date. Hence in the question mentioned above you will have to pay the zakah of the amount on 10th Ramadan which you received on 9th Ramadan.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband