I have a question regarding the tarawih prayer, as I understand people belonging to one of the sects pray only eight rakah and they insist on praying only eight rakah. There is no mosque where 8 rakah are been lead in our city and thus these people gather at one of the houses everyday to pray Isha and tarawih prayer. Doing so, I would like to know Islamic ruling about this matter. Is it allowed to pray Isha at home though jamah, while the mosque is around the corner.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.org
image_pdfimage_print

(Fatwa: 1135/905/D=10/1434)

It is wajib to offer fardh salah with jamah in the mosque. Those who offer Isha salah with jamah at home they are deprived of the virtues of mosque. It is heinous to do such a job which deprives one of the reward and virtues in the holy month of Ramadan which is meant for availing virtues and rewards more and more. However, Isha salah shall be valid and they shall have the sin of not attending the mosque.

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail