Going to 40 days jamat leaving the nikah of daughter?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
A man has planned to give 40 days in tabligh as such he can make arrangement for his daughter marriage after coming. But after 40 days he was requested to give 40 more days from there only. He cannot reject and gave 40 more days as a result of which he cannot attend his daughter marriage. Is his act justified according to Islam?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 1185/766/L=9/1434)

If the nikah of daughter may be solemnized in good condition without father’s presence then in this case the father may go in tabligh leaving the nikah. While in Tabligh, one becomes busy in zikr, tilawat, preaching and other good deeds. And these practices are good in contrary to staying at home keeping in view the nikah of the daughter. Nowadays such questions do arise in one’s mind due to negligence from Deen and ignorance from the sacrifices of Sahaba. The gain of reward and yearning for akhirah is better than all things. Various verses of the holy Quran point towards the same.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!