Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » House bought on Loan from the Bank

House bought on Loan from the Bank

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
My cousin’s father had bought a house worth 70 lakhs, out of which 35 lakhs has been taken from the bank on loan, which he has to clear in 10 years. My cousin is now very much concerned about the haram act done by his father and wants to know two things:
(1) What is the ruling of staying in that house, for which his father would be paying interest for 10 years?
(2) If he convinces his father to clear the entire amount to the bank immediately and his father repents to Allah, would staying in that house be a concern in any way?

(Fatwa: 1004/769/D=1434)

(1) It is severe sin to take interest based loan. It is haram to pay interest. Your cousin’s father should pay it as soon as possible and save himself from haram act. But there is no harm in the amount which your father has received from the bank as loan. Hence there is no harm in the house bought with interest money.
(2) The best method is to convince his father for paying the money immediately so that he could save himself from the evil of interest and haram act. He should do taubah and istighfar for the same, then it shall be lawful to stay in the house without any hesitation.

Firstly i woud like to keep this question with you and me. i come from a avery strict islamic background and that i have been married for 6 years and is very happy with my husband and so is my husband happy with me, we have no children sill waiting for Allah to give us inshallah , iam also in pardah since i was 13 years old, but the problem is that before marrage i wanted to get married to an egyptian qari becouse that was always been my dream becouse i also pray qiraat and speak arabic even though i am a gujarati , but when my parent said thers this boy come to see you for marrage isaw him he was gujarati i did like him and got married it was not force mariage, but now an world renownd egyptian qari came to our house ate at our house all that feelng of getting married to to the qari and the thougt of beeing with him keepsn taunting me i dnt want this to happnd ,in my heart feel realy saddnd even when i look at my husband ifeel realy guilty and sad, ilov my husband. but when i think of the qari he makes me feel realy happy and inlov with him , this sounds realy bad but i dnt even talk to any ghair mehram idnt know where this feeling is coming from and how should i stop it, i have made so much dua, i wake up every day in tahajjud just to make dua to my rabb to help me, moulana iam sorry to disturb you but ineeded someone to give me some advise, please how do i take this feeling out of my heart, moulana if i do sabr on the things which i desire in this world will Allah taala give it to me in jannat inshallah, sorry moulan i know you told us to get to the point but i had to tell you other things so you can give me abetter conclusion regarding my dilemma, shukran ma aslama anisa p.s. plz moulana can you reply to me urgently i dont want my ramadhan spent in this feeling we only get ramadhan once in a year.

Ad by Muslim Ad Network