Salah

I wanted to ask if I can lead prayer in library as I offer my 3 salah in library. Alhamdulillah, I have got the beard but the thing is I smoke. So can I lead the prayer? I often avoid it when there is someone with beard. But in situation when there is no one with beard I lead the prayer. So I just wanted to ask if I can lead the prayer.

(Fatwa: 954/623/L=1434)

If you are well aware of the rulings of salah and also able to do qira’ah and there is none more knowledgeable and Shariah practicing person than you then in this case you may lead salah. However, if you smoke you should leave this habit gradually. But until you are not able to give this habit you must wash your mouth well before leading salah so that there is no smell of cigarette.