Flat required on own choice

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by
I live in Bombay. My friend has to ask for that, he is living in slum area. The government has demolished and made building on that area and going to be allotted one flat serially for every person. I want to take my flat on own choice, but for this purpose government official wants to take money as “rishwat”. I have money of “interest”. May I give this money to government official for own choice to allot the flat. Please reply.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 867/867/M=1434)

It is not allowed to give interest money to government officials as bribe.

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:

More Answers…

Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest