(1) People were saying that the holy Prophet (SAW) used 4 cups, is that the sunnah?
(2) I read in one book about hajamah that the cure (shifa) is in the blade of hajamah, is this right; because instead of that blade if we use the small needle it will leave less mark and heal easily.
(3) People did that in a very unhygienic way, while for we doctors, when we do the procedures, we create a complete sterile field and then complete it, now if I would like to do the hajamah, shall I follow the way they did it as sunnah, or shall I use my knowledge and keep it completely sterile?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(1) We could not find any hadith related to using four cups.
(2) In the lifetime of the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) blade was not available. Hence how it could be sunnah to do hajamah with blade. The blood was taken up by any needle-like thing.
(3) A doctor may understand it better. We cannot give any opinion about it. No sunnah method has been told in it.
Allah knows Best!
Darul Uloom Deoband