1

Assalamualaikum, I am from Bangladesh. Working as a government servant of Bangladesh. I have a … whether any way for abortion in our shariah?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta Deoband Waqf
Assalamualaikum,
I am from Bangladesh. Working as a government servant of Bangladesh. I have a daughter aged 4 month 27 days. Meanwhile, my wife got pregnant of 7 weeks 1 day (according to date 30 January 2020). The symptoms of her pregnancy are very tragic which also prevail in her first baby. She has not recovered herself from her first delivery yet. Though her first one was normal delivery, doctor made a surgery on her uterus for safe delivery. Even she is not fully cured from her first stress. I cannot give her enough time because of my service. So, I need to know whether any way for abortion in our shariah?

Ad by Muslim Ad Network

Answer:

Ref. No. 41/995

In the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful

The answer to your question is as follows:

You may consult a skilled doctor for the same. If he suggests aborting it, it may be allowed at this moment in time. But if there is no harm, you should avoid abortion.

And Allah knows best

Darul Ifta

Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail