Someone just mentioned that using the adhaan as an alarm clock is disrespectful…Kindly clarify this. Maybe we can email the developer, if it is not permissible.
Never Miss Fajr Again! The simple app that makes sure you always wake up for Fajr
The problem it tries to solve is this: you have every intention of waking up for fajr, but you turn off your alarm mistakenly while half asleep. Next thing you know, the sun is out… Sound familiar?
The idea behind the app is simple: to wake you up for Fajr by being as annoying as possible!
It’s just like a regular adhan alarm clock with one big exception:
It annoys you until you actually wake up by asking you to do something before the adhan shuts off! Until you do what it asks, the adhan will keep on playing in a loop AND your phone will vibrate incessantly!
There are two “triggers” to choose from to wake yourself up.
1. Trivia: if you choose this option you will have to answer 5 islam-related questions correctly before the adhan shuts off.
2. Shake to wake: if you choose this option you will have to shake your phone 20 times before the adhan shuts off.
InshaAllah by the end of either of these two activities you will be awake enough to get out of bed to pray!
WEBSITE : http://www.nevermissfajr.com/
DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID (SAMSUNG) HERE :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dl.nevermissfajr
DOWNLOAD FOR IPHONES HERE : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/never-miss-fajr/id737827912?mt=8
- 7 different adhans to choose from!
- Trivia trigger: answer 5 Islamic questions correctly to shut off adhan.
- Shake to wake trigger: shake the phone/tablet 20 times to shut off adhan.
- Ability to adjust the number of shakes and questions for the triggers.
- Ability to choose when adhan goes off: a few minutes before fajr (tahajjud), right at fajr time, a few minutes after fajr, a few minutes before sunrise.
- Ability to change the prayer time calculation method
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
The call for prayer (adhan) is one of the salient features of Islam that deserves the greatest respect like the other salient features of Islam. It is not in keeping with the respect the adhan deserves that it be used as an alarm. Allah states:
ذلك ، ومن يعظّم شعآئر الله فانّها من تقوى القلوب
Translation: Whosoever exalts the salient signs of Allah, it is indeed from the piety of hearts.
The adhaan should not be used for commercial means. In fact, in order to achieve the purpose of the Never Miss Fajr Again alarm, the same techniques may be used with other sounds besides the adhan, like acceptable nasheeds etc.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Hanif Yusuf Patel
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
 وقال قاضي خان: الفقاعي إذا قال عند فتح الفقاع للمشتري: صل على محمد: قالوا يكون آثما، وكذا الحارس إذا قال في الحراسة: لا إله إلا الله يعني لأجل الإعلام، بأنه مستيقظ
[Al-Ashbah wa an-Naza`ir ma`a Sharh al-Hamwi, 1: 104, Idarah al-Qur`an wa al-Uloom al-Islamiyyah]
 [Al-Qur`an, 22:32]