I wanted to know it is permissible to use single Muslim website?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
“Single Muslim” is a matchmaking website meant to facilitate seeking a compatible marriage partner. We acknowledge the practical need for such a facility, especially for reverts and for unmarried individuals who do not have the necessary family and social support for identifying a suitable partner.
While, matrimonial sites such as “Single Muslim”, may have been initiated out of sincerity, hard work and to assist fellow Muslims complete their faith; the possibility of Fitnah cannot be ignored where insincere individuals abuse the facility to fulfil their passion by lies and deception. Other issues pertaining to such websites include:
- Abuse of pictures;
- Open, private and unregulated conversations with the opposite gender;
- Lack of mechanism to confirm whether the information online is authentic;
- Lack of guidance and counsel from parents and seniors.
However, if a matrimonial website is designed where the negative factors are overcome then such a facility can be considered. An alternative to the present matrimonial websites could be a sharia compliant matrimonial website comprising the following features:
- The website is regulated and steered by a group of experienced and reputable people under the guidance of Ulama;
- Only the regulators have access to the database of profiles;
- Each profile that is submitted is verified by the regulators using reliable means of inquiry;
- The regulators act as intermediaries between potential partners by matching up profiles in line with their interests and suitability (based on location, language, etc.);
- Once potential spouses express their interest in each other, the regulators and the family members of the potential partners may arrange for them to meet under their guidance.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Hanif Yusuf Patel
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
 قال عليه السلام: المرأة عورة مستورة
[Tabyin al-Haqa`iq, 7: 39, Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah, Beirut]
ياأيها النبي قل لأزواجك وبناتك ونساء المؤمنين يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن ذلك أدنى أن يعرفن فلا يؤذين وكان الله غفورا رحيما
[Al-Qur`an, 33: 59]
[Al-Qur`an, 17: 32]
 [Quran 24:30-1]