Unable to Fast or Pay Kaffarah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Askmufti.co.za

Q: Years ago a person had broken his roza (Ramadan fast) many times when he was mature. Today that person’s condition is financially and physically not so good that he can keep the 60 fasts and can’t even give food to the poor. What he can do excluding these two things ?

A: If he cannot do these then the only thing left is Istighfaar and Taubah. But if later he regains his health or gets wealth he will have to make qadhaa in the case of gaining his health. If he does not regain his health but gets wealth, he will have to pay Fidyah.