Accidentally shaving beard

A. I was giving myself a hair cut and when I was shaving my side burns I accidently shaved a little of the beginning of  my Jaw bone. I only went 1/2 centimeter down at the beginning of my Jawbone by my ear and it was totally an accident. I began the haircut with the intention of making sure I don’t shave any part of my jaw bone, but due to my lack of attention this inccident occured. My question is will my beard still be considered a Jamal beard because I have never shaved or trimmed my beard before?

B. What are the fazail of having a Jamal beard?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

At the outset, we wish to mention that it is indeed praiseworthy to note that you hold the importance of keeping a beard. May Allah Ta’ala grant you steadfastness. Aameen.

The greatest Jamaal (beauty) of a beard lies in the beard being the Sunnah of our beloved Rasulullah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). A person who adorns himself with the Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is considered to have Jamaal. Consider the following verse: 

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ

Translation: There is definitely a beautiful (hasan) example in Allah’s Rasul (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). [33:21]

In future, exercise caution when cutting or trimming your hair. Make tawbah and istighfaar for such a mistake.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Fahad Abdul Wahab

Student Darul Iftaa

USA

Checked and Approved by,

www.Daruliftaa.net

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail