Is watching animated porn is OK since we are not seeing the real characters?Secondly how to control the sexual desires if a person is unable to get married due to some reasons?plz answer in detail and pray for me
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
Pornography is material that is sexually oriented and intended primarily to arouse the reader, the viewer, or the listener.
It may depict nudity or sexual behaviour, and includes written materials such as romance novels, photographs, videos, electronic images, video games, internet chat rooms, erotic telephone conversations and texts, music, or other media. Therefore, it will be impermissible to use all types of pornographic material. A Muslim should abstain from all immoral and lewd obsessions, particularly those materials that are very destructive to our health and Imaan. The harms of pornography are innumerable, irrespective of it being animated or not. The purpose is the same and the harms are the equal if not more
Consider the following harms of pornography:
- Pornography contributes to social and psychological problems within men.
- It leads to chronic masturbation, when an individual has the extreme need to masturbate regularly.
- Pornography has a numbing effect on reality; it renders real sexual intercourse and the real world boring in comparison. It particularly anesthetizes the emotional life of a man.
- It is highly addictive and leaves a person helpless and always in need of it. This is such an addiction that it persists into adulthood and in many cases the addiction persists their entire life.
- It causes uncertainty about sexual values and creates distorted perceptions about sexuality.
- It decreased the ability to perform physically in intimate relationships.
These are some of the many health related harms that are caused by viewing any form of pornography. The negative effects that it leaves on our Imaan and spirituality are too many to mention. In brief, a person is bereaved of his spirituality and of the light of his Imaan, he becomes a walking corpse.
The second issue is how to reduce someone’s sexual desires; you may consider the following points:
- The ideal situation would be to get married. If one cannot get married then one should start observing regular Fasts (Roza) this should decrease one’s desires considerably.
- Restrict your internet usage to the bare minimum and only utilize it out of need and necessity.
- Use the computer in a common place when people are around you.
- Request some elderly person who you respect, your parents, your wife or any other person to invigilate you when you are using the internet.
- One should imagine the disgrace and shame that will overcome a person if his wife, parents or teacher comes to know of the filthy act that he has done. Where would he hide his face if the entire public comes to know of the sin that he is involved in?
- Before you sleep every night, think about death and how you will be buried in the grave with no-one to assist and help you.
- Keep yourself occupied at all times. Keep a Tasbeeh in your pocket and whenever you have time and you are not really doing anything, take out your Tasbeeh and make Dhikr. Remember that “An idle mind is a devils workshop”
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Saleem Ibn Sajawal Khan
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.